The Hungarian American Coalition
The Hungarian American Coalition was founded in 1991 as an educational and cultural non-profit 501 (c)3 organization. Its Office of Information in Washington, DC serves over 20,000 organizational and individual members across the United States. Its mission is to promote public understanding and awareness of Hungarian American issues.
Its goals include:
* To mobilize and coordinate the talents and resources of its members
* To foster interest and appreciation in the United States for the history, education and culture of Hungary
* To encourage cultural and educational interaction between the people of the United States and Hungary
* To protect and preserve the human and minority rights and cultural heritage of Hungarians throughout the world
* To support democratic institutions and economic development in Hungary.